Saturday, September 4, 2010

"Cause even though you left me here"*

Book trailers are great. I can't wait to make one for my own book someday. I've decided to share trailers and some thoughts (not a review, just some thoughts) of books I've read recently. The first one I've selected is Jandy Nelson's The Sky is Everywhere.



My older sister (my not-really-twin twin sister) gave me this book for my birthday. As I started to read it, I knew exactly why she selected The Sky is Everywhere: It was like Jandy Nelson had been in my brain when my younger sister, Kylene, had died and took my deepest thoughts and feelings and put them on a page. It's about what happens after, how to refind your life, and how to learn how to live it again. This book is heartbreaking, beautiful, and ultimately joyful.



*Civil Twilight